Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have applied for a bounce back loan with Santander 2 weeks

Customer Question

Hi There, I have applied for a bounce back loan with Santander 2 weeks ago, when I entered the 00 on their system an error kept coming up. I wanted the loan for £30000. When the paperwork and to sign was emailed back I didn't realise they had offered me £3000. I pressed the sign button as we are desperate for this help, not realising it was £3000 and not £30000. I range the bank but it was out of hours, I messaged the bank with secure message and now I cannot get this loan raised How can I get this loan raised as I will look the building and business if I do not find a way to amend this loan
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: telephoned, messaged, and gone to the complaints department
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Santander had said they had had others who had had the dame problem with their system but because I signed I cannot add more to the loan
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Did you not check the agreement before you signed it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sort of but thought it was the £30000 I had asked for I’m dess as long wi th a 92 year old s as y the ssobto time during lockdown
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Ok - so when you applied, it would have given you a quote.

then said click to apply - is that right?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

No, what?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no quote before, just the paperwork sent to sign after the application. This is a government bounce back loan
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Ok - so you must have read before you signed it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
by mistake and tried to get in touch with them straight away
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Its not good news I am afraid.

You are a business, you are expected to read documents.

Therefore you only get 1 chance to apply for this loan.

If you did by mistake then its up to the Bank to see whether it can be changed.

They have said no

You can only write and make a formal complaint. They will investigate the matter and report back to you.

If they do not uphold the complaint you can then go to the Financial Ombudsman.

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint for free at:

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.