ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I learnt only today a creditor has managed to obtain a 3rd

Customer Question

I learnt only today a creditor has managed to obtain a 3rd party debt order and my bank account is frozen. the interim hearing was supposed to take place by telephone today! the court papers only arrived minutes ago!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am panicking because my bank account is frozen and I only learnt about t his today. Last communication with the other party following judgment that I owed the debt, was that they wouldn't enforce it while we discussed how I would pay! That was just before lockdown and I have heard nothing since then!
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

The practical thing for you to do is to contact the court where the matter was scheduled to be heard first thing in the morning. This is because steps could have been taken adverse to you if the matter was scheduled to be heard and the court was not given a reason as to why you did not turn up. If however any steps were taken you may apply for the order to be set aside on the basis that you were not aware of the hearing date and did not receive notice of it within adequate time.

Hope I clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate your acceptance of the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best

RL

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have only just seen this! Can you please credit charge applied in this instance.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 days ago.

Please speak to customer service.