james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

A few years ago I took a loan which was NOT against my house

Hi my name is ***** ***** few years ago I took a loan which was NOT against my house unfortunately we didn't keep up our payments as due to I'll health. A new company has taken it on and now saying the loan now is apparently against my house ,I am unable to work due to I'll heath they are asking for £30.000 back and the loan was for £ 24.000 and they are saying they could take our house off us ,can you please help me thankyou
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Corby Northamptonshire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We went to debt management back to credit
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am now unable to work I have Fibromyalgia and scoliosis of the spine and 2 discs in my spine damaged my left leg ,I am in constant pai n.

Hello i am James a solicitor, I will assist today.

Do you have a copy of the original loan agreement?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No unfortunately I don't but the company that took over will have a copy of our agreement which should be in our file ,
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have not got enough money in my account sorry.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you please email me so sorry Helen

Of course mail chat here is perfect.

As you do not have a copy of loan agreement, the first thing you need to do is request a copy of the original agreement that they have taken over.nonce you have that, then we can see if it was a secured loan against the property, or an unsecured loan.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thankyou

Pleas do come back to me when ready, I am here to assist you.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Can i assist further on this matter. I am here if you need further assistance,