Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a property it’s been up for sale since sept 2019 due

Customer Question

Hi i have a property it’s been up for sale since sept 2019 due to it not selling the same agent let it for me with a 6 month tenancy in December the tenant had split from her husband and needed to move quickly she knew the house was up for sale and was happy i helped her out just before Christmas 2019 the beginning of march 2020 i accepted an offer on the house and it now comes to light that the tenant has contacted the council and said I’m making her homeless THE AGENT HAS ISSUED HER WITH a section 21 , the council have come back to the tenant and said she has to be served 3 months notice !! She is trying to get a council house but she is still married her husband has been staying at my house she is working and has monies from the sale of her house I’m being made out to be the bad person her tenancy has come to a natural end she was given notice when needed but now saying she might not leave on the 10th June
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: my buyers want the property to be empty otherwise they wont exchange or complete the tenant is trying to milk the system and say she’s homeless when she has a job and money the agent hasn’t kept me up to speed and i think shouldn’t have given her the section21 , I’m not sure
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no this has just happened 10 mins ago
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My rights on getting this tenant out of the house so I can proceed with the sale her agreement ends on the 10/6/20 and my buyer wants to complete end June 2020
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

When did you serve notice and when is the tenant bill date?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She was given notice a month ago and billed every month on the 10th so she has just paid her final months rent
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

What date was she given the S.21 notice?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you still there
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m just trying to find out as I’m using an agent so that I didn’t want the hassle !!!! Should have done it myself
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

What date was the S.21 notice?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I just replied to your q
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

I need the DATE of the S.21, not just a few months ago

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Like i said the agent did that I didn’t deal with it
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

You said she was given a month ago.

So what was the date of the S.21?