12826847

I believe I have been a victim/played a role in fraud

Customer Question

I believe I have been a victim/played a role in fraud unknowingly
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxford, England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing as of yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Its a long story. I have been going through a bad time with money due to Covid so I was looking up ways to make money online etc, tried my hand in surveys and various other things. On SnapChat I saw an advert to become a mobile app tester paid weekly and thought I may aswell also try this. All i had to do was create accounts on different mobile apps and a couple online ones too, they were all banking apps or Bitcoin apps etc. I finally received a payment into my account (various should I say) and thought i'd finally hit the jackpot as they added up to atleast 5-6 thousand pounds.The 'manager' told me that they had sent too many payments, too soon, and that my bank would more than likely flag it so if I wanted to spend any of it now, it'd be best I move it into another account or two, which I did.In order to verify another account the 'manager' told me to move some of the funds via Bitcoin to verify the app.Since I have done all of this my bank has closed my Halifax account and my Monzo online bank has closed my account, it wasn't until this point did i start Googling 'Snapchat fraud' and this is where I realised I have more than likely taken part in unlawful activites.The worst part which i'm mostly worried about is i instantly started paying off some of my debts that were worrying me, to which I can't see the funds being retrievable.At this point I don't know where to go and imagine my bank will be on my case very soon so I wanted to seek legal assistance before I make any decisions.Thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Ok, that sounds like a fraud. What would you like to know ?