Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Husband and son both drive a private ambulance as a team (2

Customer Question

Husband and son both drive a private ambulance as a team (2 drivers on shift) they work for a funeral services and do coroners removals. They are very busy and take turns to drive. they have received a speeding ticket, and cannot honestly name who was driving the vehicle at the time of the offence. Their boss says she has been approached by the police and told she could face a fine of £1,000. I tried to contact GMP online and received no reply. How can this be solved. The photographs supplied do not show the driver, only the rear of the vehicle. can you advise asap
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: greater manchester
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, although the obligation is upon the recipient of the Notice to supply information, there may be some circumstances, for example when a drive has been shared, which result in it being difficult to specify who was driving at the time. Although there is no obligation upon the Police to supply the photograph, they will normally do so. That said, the photograph only has to show the vehicle, not the occupants. All the Police have to supply is adequate information to identify the offence itself, i.e. time, location, vehicle registration and the alleged contravention. In this case, the picture is not clear enough to identify the driver and therefore your husband and son should respond the notice of intended prosecution explaining why you do not know if it was the husband or the son. It is still possible for the police to prosecute for failing to identify the driver but they should only do so where your husband and son have behaved unreasonably in failing to identify the driver which is not the case here. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.