james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have seen a car advertised that I am interested in

Customer Question

I have seen a car advertised that I am interested in purchasing. There are two adverts for the same car i.e. the same registration , engine size and type, mileage , transmission , colour. The only difference in the adverts is that the cheaper price states leather upholstery the higher price does not state anything to do with the upholstery This is definitely the same car with photographs
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

You say there are two prices?
Also a trade sale.

Is it possible one price is a trade price and the other a retail price? Just a thought.

If both prices are trade, then yes, attempt to purchase at the lower price.
Legally, the seller has no legal obligation to sell to you, so if they will not sell for,the lower price, which could be an advertising error, in Law, you have no recourse.

Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Hi just checking back to see if i can assist further?

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.