Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I know how to make money claim online, but I have only the

Hello. I know how to make money claim online, but I have only the name and surname of the debtor. Could I still make a money claim and would the Court detect the address of the relevant person? I only know the Council where the debtor may reside.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What is the reason for the claim?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They were my lodgers (share a room in my home where I lived too). They owe me 3000 GBP of their share of rent. I don't know where they have moved but I can guess they stayed within the same Council.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, Ben, by the way.And my name is Moustafas

OK thank you. Leave it with me for now and I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. You cannot expect the court to research the address of the respondent unfortunately. This is entirely up to you and you have to find a way to get their address. Without it you would not be able to submit a claim as there would be nowhere you can serve the court papers. You have two options – continue to try and find their address and perhaps engage a private investigator to try and locate them; or use their last known address which is legally permissible to serve legal papers.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you