How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6949
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My builder wants to get a person from Romania to help him in

This answer was rated:

hi , my builder wants to get a person from Romania to help him in his work , he is a Romanian citizen. for that my builder is asking me to provide a contract for services on his name. My builder is self employed, so he cant do . We operate our property services through a limited company , so that is possible. My question, is there a contract requirement for a person to come over to UK from Romania to be presented at immigration ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in UK , I have British citizenship
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


The Romanian builder may come to the UK and start working immediately. Once in the UK, he will need to apply for status during which time he would require a contract for services showing he is working in the UK. He would also need to be registered as self employed and obtain a National Insurance Number once here.

Please see here for further information:

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks for your answer.
what status does he need to apply for when he is in uk ? can you share me the link where he has to apply for the status. Also, any link where it says what the contract for services should look like ?

EU Settlement Scheme:

All the best. Please click on 5 stars so that I am credited for answering your questions. Thank you

UKSolicitorJA and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you