How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 79262
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have purchased a item worth 2550 pounds from a well know

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have purchased a item worth 2550 pounds from a well know luxurious brand. Unfortunately, they send me a wrong item which worth far less than what I have paid for and not responding to much emails. Could I process to a legal action in this case?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I'm in Britain and bought the item from a French website
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have send in my official complaint but didn't get a response
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have send the wrong item back and have send them the tracking number along with the shipment recipes yet no response at all

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Are they uk based?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They have UK stores. The brand name is Hermes.

Aren't they just the deliverer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They are a luxurious brand in fashion
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry that I'm co sleep with my daughter that I can't take call right now

Thank you.

If they are the seller rather than the deliverer and they have delivered the wrong item then indeed you do have a claim against them.

You really need to warm them before issuing though. It only takes a letter warning them that if they do not resolved this within 14 days then you will Sue and seek your costs against them.

You can issue here

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your information! I will send them an official letter tomorrow.

No problem.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you