james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

How much money is anyone who has inheritance allowed to have

How much money is anyone who has inheritance allowed to have before it affects higher ESA for a single man 50+ ?

You cannot get income-related ESA if you have savings or investments worth over £16,000.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you is that the same for ill health universal credit?

Hello, the same thing with universal credit. That is means tested with upper savings amount of £16,000

Please come back to me if you have need further assistance on benefits.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: Owner at James Bruce Solicitors