How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 321
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Im korean and want to sue my British husband. i have only

This answer was rated:

Hello. im korean and want to sue my British husband. i have only affidavit marriage from british embassy after ceremony in korea Dec 2019. he has big angry issue and now he said he'got married 1year before. he lie so many things. now he want me to leave
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: im korean. we are newly married he refuse to do paperwork with government. i have only affidavit marriage issued by British embassy in korea
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: this is first time i speak about my issue
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know if possible i can sue him from korea. can i do any legal action in here
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (VZ1V432)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
he has big angry issue so i''ve been take his verbal violence so long time. i've got all the screenshot

Hello I am James a British lawyer.

If this person has sworn an affidavit of marriage before the British Embassy in Korea, and what he has swore is not true, then he has broken the law. The document he swore at the embassy is a legal document.

You could make an appointment at the embassy and report this matter. The british government could prosecute him if he is already married as he has told you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
he promised to process paperwork with government but as soon as he got back to UK , he refused it cuz it cost a money.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
im in korea at the moment . can i do follow up question by email or chat?

I am so sorry that this has happened to you.

If he is back in the UK, that will make no difference. The authorities could check back in UK to see if he is already married. If he is, by swearing the document at the embassy which is British soil, he would have committed perjury and the authorities in the UK would arrest him and prosecute him. He could go to prison for what he did.

You would need to go to the British embassy, report the matter that he is already married, show them the affidavit he has sworn, they will do the rest. They have his address in the UK so would be able to arrest him.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
what if he didnt do report married and just being in single in his statement. he is muslim. he said his parents arrange married and second back up live in oman. thats what he said to me
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i have screenshot that he confessed me.

You can still report it to the Embassy, they will be very interested to hear what he is doing. You can show them the screen shot. They will take it seriously and most likely have local police in the UK arrest him, he would then need to proof he is not married.

You should make the complaint, because you do not deserve what he has done to you. And what he has done is serious.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the affidavit we made by embassy, it it work in legal ?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
can you tell me which department do i need to contact in british embassy?

Yes the affidavit sworn in the embassy is a legal document, if he lied in that document, that is perjury a very serious offence committed by him.

Ask for the legal department.

I hope this helps, take care and good luck.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid Justanswer, I won’t be paid for my time from their website if there is no rating left for me

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thanks you so much.