How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7081
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I intend cashing in a quarter of one of my pensions at the

This answer was rated:

I intend cashing in a quarter of one of my pensions at the age of 55.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am UK based. I requested the forms necessary (apparently cannot do online) but I was advised that I could not request these forms until one week before my 55th birthday. When I enquired as to how long things would then take I was advised 3-4 weeks. Why can't the pension company simply send me the forms, I can then return them, then they can process them with a pending date? Why make me wait longer than is necessary?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Simply asked the pension request procedures, and been advised of the one week before request time and then been advised of the processing time
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know if there is a legal standpoint for their process and whether I can insist on receiving forms early for early submission and a quicker processs? thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Note: I am currently on the £5 one week trial

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No problem
Thank you

Hi thank you for your message, this is likely to be just a rule of the particular scheme. Therefore, you can complain to the scheme and if still not happy complain to the pensions ombudsman here:

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7081
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Jeremy Aldermartin and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Many thanks