Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I intend cashing in a quarter of one of my pensions at the

I intend cashing in a quarter of one of my pensions at the age of 55.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am UK based. I requested the forms necessary (apparently cannot do online) but I was advised that I could not request these forms until one week before my 55th birthday. When I enquired as to how long things would then take I was advised 3-4 weeks. Why can't the pension company simply send me the forms, I can then return them, then they can process them with a pending date? Why make me wait longer than is necessary?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Simply asked the pension request procedures, and been advised of the one week before request time and then been advised of the processing time
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know if there is a legal standpoint for their process and whether I can insist on receiving forms early for early submission and a quicker processs? thank you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Note: I am currently on the £5 one week trial

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No problem

Hi thank you for your message, this is likely to be just a rule of the particular scheme. Therefore, you can complain to the scheme and if still not happy complain to the pensions ombudsman here: https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/our-service/make-a-complaint/

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 11 days ago.