Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Can I appeal a Council decision to allow a tree in a

Can I appeal a Council decision to allow a tree in a Conservation Area to be felled
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cornwall
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Submitted a public comment against the PA, spoken at the Town Council meeting, written letters and telephoned the County Council Planning Officer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The applicant is the owner of the heritage property beside us. The owner felled half the tree without permission and felled several other significant trees as well. This tree aside from being a heritage tree also protects our privacy and is significant in the landscape. The owner wants to remove it to expand his view and his profit as he is converting the house for sale as flats.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm when was the decision made?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cornwall
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It would appear that the County Council is going to allow the developer applicant to fell the remainder of the tree. This applicant erroneously stayed in the application that the tree hung over the neighbour’s property. It does not and neighbours have written submissions to that effect. The Council tree officer says it has no amenity but he has not viewed the tree from our or our other neighbours’ properties to see how important what remains if tree is for our privacy and more.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When will I hear from the lawyer?