Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My self and my friend were sent on a course by a home care

My self and my friend were sent on a course by a home care company who knew the woman that was doing training had a relative who was being tested for covid 19 and never told us the woman doing training told us on the last day of training as she said am waiting on my sister calling with her covid19 results and if she tested positive we will all need to be tested I spoke to the boss about this she said they did not tell anyone about Rona ( woman doing trsining) sister. My self and my friend tested positive for covid 19 as did rona
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Spoke to manager they are now ignoring our messages they have taken back there job offers and are not paying us for training which in 3days we must have drove 100 miles as it was a 3day course and my husband tested positive for virus and is off work and we only have his wage coming in as hotel I work in is closed and need the job to help pay Bill's and it cost me nearly £40 for petrol which I dont get back
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No we went for training so we could start work with hazelhead care its home care but because we told them they should not have put us on training with so.eone who had been in contact with covid they are not hiring me or my friend for the job and are not answering any of our messages I spoke to a lawyer and they said its neglect as they put us in danger from virus but the lawyer wanted £600 up front which I or my friend dont have so we dont know where to go from here
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just why were we put in that situation when the training woman and the bosses knew about the suspected covid and why aren't they paying us for training

Hi thank you for your message, as the employer knew about the condition of the course taker they could be liable under negligence to you and your friend for damages arising out of you being sick and your husband being sick. You should get a solicitor though. It may be you can find one on a no win no fee basis so you don't pay if you don't win. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you at the hearing you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case negligence. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.