Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My neighbour knocked down a brick outhouse which was

My neighbour knocked down a brick outhouse which was adjourned to a party wall. He did not ask our permission, he did not seek structural advice and as a consequence the remaining wall (the party wall) became unstable and has collapsed into our garden. What are my rights as he is refusing to discuss the matter
JA: What steps has your neighbor taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No Nothing - he just took a sledge hammer to the outbuilding. It was an 8ft high 12 foot long wall that is now all over my gsrden
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Liverpool
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a rented property and the tenants did the work but they did tell their Landlors whines the one disputing they/he is responsible

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Have you issued proceedings?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No .. I dont know what to do. I telephoned my insurance company for support but they have said the best thing they could.possibly do is pay up to 50 % but they are not even sure about that
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It says the phone call cannot go ahead - but

A colleague accepted the call - they should ring.