JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I am a 50yr old male. I own a BB gun (Glock19) for

I am a 50yr old male. I own a BB gun (Glock19) for recreational use,complete with 4.5mm steel BB pellets. I mainly shoot targets in my own garden but would like to start visiting a friend to shoot in his garden. Is it legal to carry the gun and pellets in my rucksack to visit my friend by car or foot?
Tony

Hello, I’m Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Airsoft guns are legal in the UK and as long as you do not brandish it in a public space, you are fine. If you are on private land and the pellets do not breach the neighbour's boundary then again, you are fine. It is legal to carry the airsoft gun and ammunition in the rucksack, either in a car or on foot.

I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Jim many thanks for the prompt and clear response, have left ***** Best Wishes Tony

Much appreciated - thanks, ***** ***** good day