Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I think eBay have closed my request for a refund too early

I think eBay have closed my request for a refund too early and unfairly
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Spreyton in Devon - EX17 5AJ
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I ordered a hoover from Vacuums Direct and received entirely the wrong hoover. I was asked if I would accept another device from them, chose another device, which was out of stock. I then asked for a refund, and asked if they could pick up the wrong hoover, which I had never used. They asked me to send it back, and I asked them how I should do it, and asked 'where do we go from here?' This all took some time. I asked eBay to sort this out. They said the seller would soon be in touch with me. I waited for three days, nothing from the seller, and then got an email from eBay saying the case was closed. I'm now stuck with a hoover I don't want and am £50 poorer..
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I thought I'd acted correctly all the way through; I didn't particularly want a floor steamer, but I thought I'd be helping them out a bit if I ordered one, and when they were out of stock I did ask for the refund.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Whether I should receive a refund

I assume you know who the seller is?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** much appreciate a call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don’t mind if the solicitor calls later, if I could be given a rough time, but it’s so much easier to explain things when speaking than in an email
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would add that it is impossible to ring eBay; they are just not answering the phones at all

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.

I called. Let me know when you are free

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry, I gave the wrong. number - it’s 07368 455165

Im sure they will call

I tried twice, it rang and went to answerphone. Let me know when you are free

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've clicked on the link to see your response, but I can't see any response; it just brings me back to the same email trail. This is getting very confusing; it may be my computer. What I can see is that I've paid, or will be paying £44, which for some reason I read as £4 when I filled in my bank details. Vicky Rose

A call was made, but you didnt pick up.

Its £5 for an online question. An extra £44 for a call which you asked for.

Let me know when you are free and I will complete the call

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Yes please could you ring me - the landline is 01*********84

Sure