How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77171
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My neighbour keeps parking his car on my property and police

This answer was rated:

my neighbour keeps parking his car on my property and police will do nothing they say it is private so what can I do ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no steps yet but we went to court last year because it came to blows and he said I assaulted him which was a lie and I was acquitted he stopped parking there after that but has continued trying to provoke me which has failed so now he is parking on my property again
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: on Minehead seafront . it is commercial property if that makes a difference
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please can you advise me what steps I need to take ?

If this is private land and his not a police matter unless he is actually obstructing the highway or an approach to it.

You could Sue for trespass I suppose. you would need to show some loss. Alternatively you could seek a injunction to prevent him parking there but that will incur sub cost.

It is not ruinously expensive but it is a cost.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if I install a post and he forces entry is he then open for criminal and can I call police then because he has broken in effectively

It may amount to criminal damage but the police may still not be interested. They are massively undermanned and they are dealing with a national emergency.

Also, they don't really do what you want which is to stop him parking there.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
basically my only option is to get a trespass and or harassment order against him

It is the most appropriate option.

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you