12826847

My neighbour keeps parking his car on my property and police

my neighbour keeps parking his car on my property and police will do nothing they say it is private so what can I do ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no steps yet but we went to court last year because it came to blows and he said I assaulted him which was a lie and I was acquitted he stopped parking there after that but has continued trying to provoke me which has failed so now he is parking on my property again
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: on Minehead seafront . it is commercial property if that makes a difference
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please can you advise me what steps I need to take ?

If this is private land and his not a police matter unless he is actually obstructing the highway or an approach to it.

You could Sue for trespass I suppose. you would need to show some loss. Alternatively you could seek a injunction to prevent him parking there but that will incur sub cost.

It is not ruinously expensive but it is a cost.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if I install a post and he forces entry is he then open for criminal and can I call police then because he has broken in effectively

It may amount to criminal damage but the police may still not be interested. They are massively undermanned and they are dealing with a national emergency.

Also, they don't really do what you want which is to stop him parking there.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
basically my only option is to get a trespass and or harassment order against him

It is the most appropriate option.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you