JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Need advise on building my credit rating, Birmingham uk,

Need advise on building my credit rating
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingham uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Would you like me to outline the ways of how to repair a credit rating? Do you have any existing debts?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ive got some
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Credit rating of 438
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is there an email address i can send screenshots of my debts

Thanks, ***** ***** upload documents by either clicking the tab on your page, or email them to: *****@******.***.

If you would prefer to upload them here, please see the guide:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (S17L41S)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok i have uploaded

Thanks, ***** ***** will come off your credit record after 6 years, so in March 2021 and September 2022, May 2023 (there are three CCJ's).

If these are all paid off now, the credit records are marked as "satisfied", so the rating will improve slightly. After May 2023 they all disappear off the credit registers. There are a couple of defaults too - which also stay on the credit registers for 6 years.

If any of the CCJ's were made without your knowledge you could apply to set them aside and they then come off - but it costs £255 for the court fee and there needs to be a good reason to set them aside.

In terms of improving your credit profile generally, get on the electoral roll at your property. Ensure payments are up to date (for direct debits), pay off any credit cards either in full or as much as possible, consolidate debts in to one if you can (the more credit facilities you have the worse your profile).

http://www.stepchange.org can also speak to your creditors to agree a repayment plan if you are struggling

Does this help? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ive heard that if you have a repayment plan, it hinders your credit?

It can yes as normally the loan amount paid per month is reduced, which means a default and longer to pay it off.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
technically (excluding the virgin media) these will be off my credit rating by oct 2020
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i shouldnt pay them

The defaults? Yes they come off the registers after 6 years whether you pay them or not

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
how about ccj's?

Same, 6 years

Can I clarify anything else for you or if you have any other questions?.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry jim just a few more
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i will pay my ccj's...i know it will still show as satisfied, if get to a good credit rating, whats the chances i get credit (with satisifed ccj's)

It's improves your score if you do that. The lenders will see the "satisfied" markers so all I can say is that your chances will be improved. Some lenders still lend to people with CCJ's

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you for your time