Miles Bentley
Miles Bentley, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), CPE, LPC
102609820

Do you deal with Land Banking companies which have scammed

Hello do you deal with Land Banking companies which have scammed people into buying plot`s of land and then closing down
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: It was several years ago back in 2008-2010
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No not yet,i spoke with a Solicitor last year who advised me to contact the SRA, they do not think they can be of assistance
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After such a long period do you think it is possible to recover any funds especially as the company has long gone

Good Afternoon

I am sorry to learn of your situation I am a Qualified Solicitor with over 20 Years of experience in the UK.
I will assist you with your query today, please confirm:-

1. What was is the name of the Land Banking Company that you dealt with?

2. How much did you pay?

3 What is the ideal outcome you want to achieve?

Please be aware this is an email not chat service.

If you wish to discuss this matter over a LIVE Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you in greater detail.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello Miles, thanks for the reply the name of the Land Banking Company was The Property Partnership based in London. I invested £87000 with them. Hopefully i would like to recover some or all of my investment. Thanks

Thank you for the additional information - I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Many Thanks.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Miles

Thank you for your patience. I have looked into this matter for you and note that The Property Partnership was the trading style of a company called Ultraclass Limited (CRO No. 04940563) which was placed into creditors voluntary liquidation on 4 April 2011 with no assets and reported liabilities of £228,383. Mr Scott Assemakis and Mr ***** ***** (the de facto directors of Ultraclass Limited, Burnhill Land Investments Limited and RTW (Burnhill) Ltd) were each disqualified from acting as directors as a result of undertakings given in respect of their conduct as directors for a period of 11 years each on 18 June 2013. Three other directors, Mr Gavin Gravesande, Mr James Dominic and Mr James Whatley were also disqualified - see News Release Five directors landed with 53 years’ disqualification for £7 million land banking scam issued on 26 July 2013.

Unfortunately, unsecured creditors ca not take action against a company after the date of an insolvency order without the Court's consent. After obtaining consent, they must submit any claim to the trustee or liquidator. That said The Property Partnership went into creditors voluntary liquidation on 4 April 2011 with no assets and reported liabilities of £228,383, so you would simply be throwing good money after bad at it had no assets.

I am sorry to state that having carried out my investigation today, it would be fruitless for you to attempt to pursue The Property Partnership and you would in all likely hood be statute-barred for commencing a Civil Action.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you probably suspected this may have been the case.

Can I assist you any further?

If not, will you please, before leaving the site today, provide a Rating by clicking the STARS on the top of your screen. This allows JustAnswer to credit me for my time in dealing with your Question.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for your advice