How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77155
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I'm falsely being accused off historic child abuse by a 14

This answer was rated:

I'm falsely being accused off historic child abuse by a 14 year old exgirlfriends daughter, how can i get some support to me with these lies, its on public internet site?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No i just found out last night
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Selkirkshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ive never harmed any child in my life.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

This is a public site but you are anonymous.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** wondering what i can do to gett support about dealing with this nightmare, im completely innocent and i am the third previous boyfriend the the mother has made and spreads rumours about.

Have you been invited in for interview?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I dont have £44 just now

Ok, so have you been in for an interview?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, a friend told me they seen the statement on Snapchat yesterday

Ok, so there has been no police contact?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry no no police interview

I'm not sure what you wanted to know then?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What should I do? Report it to the police, or get a lawyer or just leave it and wait to see what happens to me?

Do you even know which police station is dealing with it?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello are you still there?


Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, can i send you the post, its like she's tried the police but said it to old

That doesn;t look like a statement.

That is just a ranty post.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can assure you that this is completely nonsense and my other girlfriend how had a son the same age will stand up for me, and my girlfriend from 10years ago had two daughters about 8 and 10 at the time will also vouch for me.

Thank you.

It really depends what you want to achieve.

There isn't much point in securing a solicitor until you know that the police are looking for you. In fact that post does seem to suggest that she has been told that she cannot prosecute. If that is a public post then you might want to write to her warning her of the laws of defamation.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You know that could cause me serve injury or worse, I also have 23 year old twin daughters that have never said anything remotely disgusting, so i should message the child about the law of defamation, or contact the police?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Her auntie Amanda was in the police locally for 26 years dealing with things like this as her job with vulnerable children and she's knows me well as a friend when i was with her sister and nothing has been done or said to me before now, ive not seen any off them for 3 years or more or spoke to them!.

You need to be careful with this.

Just because these people will say you didn't abuse them does not prove you didn't abuse the accuser.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well please tell me what i can do to help myself please, I don't think contacting her is the right thing to do?

I'm not sure what you want me to say.

Like i said, there is no point in securing a solicitor until you know the police are interested.

You do have the option to write to her warning her of the law of defamation. There isn't any other answer.

I suppose you could contact the hoster of the post.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help.

No problem.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you