james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

We have visitors who need to return to Zurich as they are

We have visitors who need to return to Zurich as they are clearing their flat as end of lease 31st July. They will be returning to U.K. as the husband has new job. When returning, I presume they will be in isolation for 14 days.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Peterhead Aberdeenshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: they came for a visit in early March which also was to include interviews for position in Fochabers. My husband and I are both retired but we don’t want to be in the position of isolation as we have dog and we are also essential delivery for daughter in Ellon who is in isolation and working from home.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Swiss border is opening from 15th June and isolation is in place 8th June so I have a problem of them staying with us if we have to isolate.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Would they have to have accommodation in place at Fochabers on their return?

Hello I am James a solicitor.

all arrivals must self-isolate for 14 days, and provide an accommodation address at which they will do this.

This address is to be declared on forms that will be filled out online before travel to airports or sea ports.

This will include Britons returning from other countries, in addition to new arrivals from other countries.

Arrivals will be required to provide contact and address details, plus travel plans.

These new rules will be reviewed every 3 weeks.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you and as I thought. They would have to declare address details before leaving U.K.