james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have problem with the opticans, I am in london, ive not

Hey I have problem with the opticans
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ive not taken any steps yet, i bought lens for glasses, asked him for refund but he kept saying it is impossible i was looking for consumer protection act and how I can get help from that
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all i think I bought lenses yesterday 5:30 and called him back at 7:00 to cancel the order

Hello i am a solicitor I will assist.

When did you make the purchase and who did you make the purchase.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I made the payment yesterday around 5:00pm by debit card
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, since I contacted card company, replying they said i should call back on mon 9:00am(bst 1:00am) and seems like they dont quite get what Im trying to say, can you please tell me more in detail what i should ask them about?I made the purchase at 5:00pm and optican ordered lenses at 5:30pm.
I called him back I want to cancel at 6:55pm.
He said, because he ordered, he might not be able to give me refund, saying that he will call the company he ordered lenses from for the cancellation on saturday(today)I totally understand him not allowing refund, if i had called him after long time has passed since I made a purchase , but I called him right back which took around 2hrs on the sameday*Also, when I called him to cancel the order, he said that if price is the problem, he can change options for for price decrease, which doesnt make sense if it is impossible to cancel the order/production.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, can i speak to you again?

Once he has placed his order which could have been as soon as you left, then he could contracted to carry it out. He has said he will see if he can cancel, if he can't cancel his order, then as his terms you say is no refund, then that is it,

If your debit card company on monday can't help further, then you would need to wait fro the item to arrive. when it does, if it is wrong, faulty or not as stated then you would have a claim for a refund.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But what was it about then he said he can change the product? If it is impossible to cancel the order, he cannot change lenses option because changing option is cancelling order ive made before and making a new one

if there is no legal right to a refund, he could offer an exchange for something different.