Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I ordered products from wickes around 3 weeks ago and paid

Hi I ordered products from wickes around 3 weeks ago and paid for delivery for today. I received a message yesterday informing me they would be delivered today. I had a phone call at 11.52 to let me know they had delivered to the wrong address. They said they wouldn’t be able to rectify this till Monday. I said that was unacceptable as I work all week and have done throughout the lockdown. I had arranged delivery for the bank holiday so I could get the job done. They have refused to even attempt to sort this out and said I could refuse the order or wait till Monday. If I accepted this delivery would be between 08.00 and 19.00 so not much chance of getting the job done. Any thoughts.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Norwich Norfolk. Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: made several phone calls including to the courier firm they use who were very helpful but this was not their error. Total brick wall I’m afraid. He kept quoting his company policy.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s all thanks. Just like to know who’s right here. I have ordered and paid in good faith.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

From the circumstances given what would you like to know today?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My legal rights. I argued that as it was their error they should rectify it today and provide the service I had paid for. I wasn’t interested in the company line. I wanted someone to act. Instead they sent their courier an email and expected a response rather than pick up the phone and explain what had happened and asked if they could help sort it out. Meanwhile I am out of pocket and have no goods

Thanks for the information.

When you ordered the goods did you let them know that the delivery date was ESSENTIAL?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No that wasn’t an option. On the website it presented me with a calendar and asked me to select the day I wanted delivery. I opted for a Saturday as I work all week. I opted for this Saturday as it’s a bank holiday so I would have time to replace the roof of my decking. This is no longer an option

Your rights lie within the consumers rights act 2015 which states where delivery does not take place at the time stipulated then wickes have breached the contract. When the breach occurs you can potentially ask for a refund and also losses suffered as a result of the breach if timing of the delivery was made known to be essential.

Therefore I suggest you contact the customer service and complaints team and remind them of your legal rights and demand delivery be done on this date and also argue that delivery date was essential given it is only time you can carry out the works. If they can not execute the delivery then I suggest you either reschedule for another date and also ask for a degree of compensation for the losses you suffered.

If a resolution is not met then I suggest you consider the trading standards and ombudsman involvement as they are independent adjudicator that can review and consider the matter.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you. That’s pretty much what I thought. I have now cancelled the order and demanded a refund and I will source the products elsewhere.

No problem and have a good day.