SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

How would I go about to get a legal representative? Im based

Hi, how would I go about to get a legal representative?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Im based in Bristol I have sold something on gumtree and was locked out my account and unable to get the address from the buyer
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: 24 hours later, he took it up with the bank and the bank contacted me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I contacted gumtree to inform them that i have been locked out but unable to get in
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Gumtree have unlocked my account and I have messaged him to explain what happened but he is not replying
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The bank said they will not contact him because they are not meant to
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am seeking a legal representative to contact the buyer to refund his money
Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. If you have not any the good and you are happy to refund then you do not need legal representation as that will cost you more money. The bank should be able to just reimburse the money the client had paid.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The bank informed me that it will need to be investigated before
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it's a bit annoying because I have payments that need to go out and they are refusing to un suspend my account
The bank will always have to investigate where they are requested to make a charge Back on a transaction, however that should be no reason to refuse giving the customer their money back as you are not disputing the refund. There is nothing more you can do apart from giving them the gumtree details they need and let them deal with gumtree as you can’t be expected to produce any more information
Oh ok.. I now see what you are worried about, your initial question seemed to be concerned with paying the customer back not the fact that your bank has frozen your account
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the other thing is, when making the purchase, i asked him to transfer it to my girlfriend because my bank account wasn't loading and they flagged it and now the bank are just being very long
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the fact my girlfriend's bank account is frozen is a problem as well as me wanting to refund the customer
Regrettably there ya absolutely nothing you can do to speed up the investigation as they are obliged to make sure the issue has nothing to do with money laundering. You should inform them of any financial difficult the suspension of ability to access your account is causing and to request urgent attention to your issue but there are no guarantees it can take the full 56 days they are allowed to investigate where you log a complaint unfortunately.
There is***
The refund the bank can do on the charge Back rules even before you access your gumtree account.
The accounts being frozen is what can cause a lot of distress because there is no process for rushing that. At most you can complain and if they continue to take too long you can then escalate to the financial Ombudsman Service. There is no quicker process unfortunately and it has been a lot slower with the covid-19 disruptions.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help! I completely understand

You are welcome. Thank you too for your feedback.