How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4799
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Need to speak with a lawyer, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, i need

This answer was rated:

Hi, need to speak with a lawyer
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dunstable, Bedfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i need to know if is possible to get my money back from a private pension scheme, wich i have discovered after 2 years and few months working, that i was paying a lot of money without knowing that i can opt out at any time ! I was paying Nino and other taxes but my employer didn’t told me i can opt out at any time ! Because i didn’t know english very well before, i didn’t understand from the beginning what that pension scheme does it mean ! I found out from a friend, after 2 years and 5 months i think, that, i can opt out at any time and i do it ! Until now i have made this payment, 1,737.63 £ and i want to get my money back. They’ve been told me that i can not take my money back until age 55 but i don’t wana this and i want take them back now because it wasn’t my choise, was my employer’s fault becuase he didn’t explain that to me. Is that possible to get my money back ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, yes it should be possible to get your money back. As a first step though I recommend talking to the pensions advisory service here:

They can then advise you further. Another option is to complain to the pensions ombudsman here:

They can then investigate and award the pension money to you, if possible. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, thank you very much for your answer!

Glad I could help, take care.