How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16764
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

The freeholder has installed a camera pointing right at my

This answer was rated:

The freeholder has installed a camera pointing right at my property, I contacted ICO and they advised me to call the police as it seemed to be an intrusion of privacy laws but the police said they couldn’t do anything as it’s a private property
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have also contacted the freeholder and he has replied complaining I threaten with the police and claiming the camera is there for our security and that its not active yet. He never consulted me before installing

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know?
You want to sue for substantial damages?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need advice
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have asked him to move the camera and he insists this is to protect residents in the mews, I have owned this flat for over 14 years and there has never been a camera we have a very poor relationship and I have reasons to believe this is aimed at me

Ok - so you want an injunction?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t know what that means
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t know what my rights are but according to the ICO it’s an intrusion of privacy laws
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He’s a lawyer I can’t keep expending money on lawyers he knows I pay for legal costs so he’s happy to go back and forth with anything

You want to get a Court order that he removes it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What’s your advise
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t even know if I can do that or what the complexity of it is
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Im asking you if I can actually do something about it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t want the camera there but he is intimidating me

So you dont want the camera there and he refuses to move it.

So it would appear you want a Court order making him move it. Would that be correct?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is that the right thing to do? Can I do that? He’s a lawyer I’m afraid it will cost me a lot to have that done

The Court fee is £308.

You need to complete forms N1:

And N16a:

The Court will set the matter down for hearing and decide whether or not to order he remove it.

If the Court does and he refuses this is contempt of Court, which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

You can get a public access Barrister to help you if you need.

You can get one to represent you at:

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No problem I can’t find the button