Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I was married for 40 years before my husband died very

I was married for 40 years before my husband died very suddenly, I received a widows police pension until I remarried, this was then taken off me - coupled with the state pension age rise to 66 for me. I’ve been told I won’t receive a full state pension When I’m 66, can I claim any more in lieu of the pension my late husband didn’t live long enough to get?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North Devon UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven’t done anything yet as I reach 66 next year
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, I have always worked part time but with my late husbands unpredictable unsociable hours it was as much as I could do with running home children & elderly parents.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please cancel the above question, I see this firm is in America, I prefer to speak to someone in the U.K. order no: 23944602-156. Thank you

Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately, you cannot inherit your late husbands state pension entitlement as you remarried before state pension age. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.