How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4754
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I was married for 40 years before my husband died very

This answer was rated:

I was married for 40 years before my husband died very suddenly, I received a widows police pension until I remarried, this was then taken off me - coupled with the state pension age rise to 66 for me. I’ve been told I won’t receive a full state pension When I’m 66, can I claim any more in lieu of the pension my late husband didn’t live long enough to get?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North Devon UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven’t done anything yet as I reach 66 next year
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, I have always worked part time but with my late husbands unpredictable unsociable hours it was as much as I could do with running home children & elderly parents.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please cancel the above question, I see this firm is in America, I prefer to speak to someone in the U.K. order no: 23944602-156. Thank you

Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately, you cannot inherit your late husbands state pension entitlement as you remarried before state pension age. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 7 other Law Specialists are ready to help you