12826847

Our company will start the process of abandoning Facebook as

Customer Question

Our company will start the process of abandoning Facebook as a communicational and promotional tool with our attendees. For months now we have zero service and reply on our appeal for this problem (dissabeled add account,) which has as a result our business to be significantly affected. We will also take legal advice to claim financial compensation.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This is our message to Facebook. We have had disabled advertisement account for months. London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: many appeals
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the first time they came back saying that our account was disabled by mistake
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please continue. It’s not fair to rely your business and pay more than 1500£ on Facebook business with this service and treatment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (Z2ZG1PS)
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Are you saying they are in breach of contract and have not provided a good service? How much is your loss due to this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Christopher,Im writing to express my dissappointement regarding Facebook  policies. We have a music company production called London Greek music and at the moment due to covid19 we are  producing live streaming concerts. 
We have been using the Facebook platform to advertise our events  in the past and now ,but the last couple of months we have been experiencing difficulties due to Facebook blocking our accounts and our Facebook pages more than once since January  and it usually lasts for three weeks each time.
This blocking has been bringing us into a difficult position since we have been using it a lot and spending great amounts of money into advertising our events, but once our accounts are blocked that has proved to damage our work. We can not advertise our events , our audience  and people that are interested in our events can not be informed about them  and that leads to low sales and a serious amount of debt for our company.We have been using different platforms like Eventbrite to sell tickets for our events and lately we have been using another platform called Vimeo, which allow us to stream live but also offer us the opportunity to have either subscribers or people can directly rent our event instead of using another platform to sell tickets. 
Once we decided to let our audience know about our Vimeo On Demand channel and their options of subscribing or renting our accounts were immediately blocked and disabled. This on my opinion is not fair as our advert was not about investment ,’’get rich quick scheme’’ as Facebook is calling it. Vimeo is a plaform known world-wide for their services and certainly those services don’t include deceptive or misleading practices in order to scam people out of money or personal information. 
The only reason our company chose to use Vimeo platform is that it provides us great quality on our live streaming concerts and its easier for people to access instead of trying to book a ticket, waiting for an email confirmation that includes their ticket to watch our concerts. Unfortunately we have had problems while using Eventbrite when it came to our customers using it; they could easily book their ticket but at the actual day and time of the concert they could not  access the event and we had to send them  the link ourselves.

After asking Facebook to review our accounts for being disabled we always get the same answer; they apologise for the fact that our advertising features were incorrectly disabled and that any ads that were affected will return to their previous status. Which again its useless when it happens so often and our accounts are active again after our events have been completed. Due to all the above reasons we have been asking for legal advice in order to compensate the damage that has affected our company. Please find below the attachment, it contains all the photos proofing  the account was being disabled:Kind regards,
Dimitris Gionis - London Greek Music
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IMG_5072.HEIC
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 16.01.08
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 17.03.08
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 17.03.25
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 17.13.14
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 17.13.41
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 18.41.44
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 18.42.33
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to pay the amount and discuss, if you judge that we can achieve something. And I am happy to forward screenshots to your email.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** review this is now outside my area of expertise. I will therefore opt out to let another expert assist you with your question going forwards. Please do not reply to this message as the question will stay with me and there will be a delay with the reallocation.

Many thanks.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 1 year ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

Please provide a link to Facebook's terms of service that governed the contract.

How much have you paid Facebook?