Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I believe we need assistance, please: My sister owns a

Customer Question

Hi thereI believe we need assistance, please:My sister owns a leasehold flat, 1 of 3.
A developer purchased the top 2 & has renovated them & the building; requiring my sister to foot her percentage share of works...She has had to endure too much to recount easily, she suffers from a chronic illness, this whole issue has obviously taken its toll on her...Although she is a leaseholder, she owns all the grounds back & front of the building...The developer has been, potentially, bribing her into releasing 2 of the 3 parking bays being created at the front of the property; for which he is paying 50% of the works & planning, to create...He has maintained that she will be given her freehold, and following the first 3-years, she will receive £10 weekly per parking bag from the 2 new flat owners...Despite continually requesting the new freehold agreement she has received nothing from him...She has been led to believe that he is selling the 2 flats with the freehold; however, I have called the selling agent today and discovered they will be leasehold properties, in addition, they are each being sold with ownership of a parking bay…We are now extremely anxious over this whole matter and believe we need solicitor intervention, to ascertain the true scenario in play here.Thank you
Sarah
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No - just realised my sister might have a really problem here
JA: Where is the leasehold located?
Customer: Bexhill
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I hope I've explained the matter
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately we cannot represent people through this service as we are a Q&A service but it sounds as if your sister has a case. Therefore, I recommend she engages a solicitor to get to the bottom of the situation. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case property law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.