JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

My bank block my account, without any explanation, no

Customer Question

My bank block my account, without any explanation, no notification to tell me my account is under review..I can't even buy for myself food. The frozen my account in 26, and I realized on 31may. I couldn't pay a meal, or transfer money. And also I have on my flex saver money. Thinking is safety there, my bank is HSBC. I work hard, 12 hours shift, 4 nights like a key worker. I can't rest, I'm stressed. I think because I'm not from England they can do everything they want, I feel like a somebody want to hurt me, I feel unprotected. This is indirect discrimination. Myself esteemed is down.. I appologi for my English, isn't brilliant.
JA: Was this workplace safety issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: HSBC employees.. They said they can't help me.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have any info from HSBC to tell you. Me and my boyfriend keeps the both money on this account 15.700 £ . Now we don't have nothing. We really don't know how to handle the situations. We didn't have problems at all in 3 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke with somebody from HSBC enquire nr. And they said I can't even reset my telephone number to speak with somebody from complain. They said I need to wait to send me a letter this week, with more information. This is discrimination, they can't help me with that. My money are with them, and my payment and my bills. I don't want to double pay for my bills because of this. I never have issues. I pay all my taxes and pension.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to wait for an solicitor. Thank you
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Did they say why they froze the account and have you made a complaint to them yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made a complaint about it online. They said I will need to receive a letter in post with more details. But I didn't receive nothing in my post yet..
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

OK, they need to send you their final response before you can involve the Financial Ombudsman Service (who can make the bank unfreeze the account).

You can make the complaint here : www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

Based on the circumstances, assuming the bank does not uphold your complaint, I am sure the Ombudsman will do.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

A quick solution may be to threaten to sue the bank - you can use the attached template. You can say that your consumer rights have been breached and you will sue them for your money back - they should respond quickly as if you did sue them, they have to get their solicitors involved

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jim