How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19522
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a warranty with a dealer to cover all faults with my

Customer Question

I have a warranty with a dealer to cover all faults with my new motorhome, however the deal has declined to honour this agreement!
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: I live in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed the dealer asking why and copied in the parent company in German
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had numerous faults with this vehicle and they are not being fixed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

On what basis do they refuse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have had a argument as what needs to be done, there is no issue in my mind that this warranty covers the faults. They threatened me with the police as they said I was raising my voice, however I had to as they were talking over me all of the time.
So they said I'm not allowed back on their premises.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll leave it a few days until I get a response from them, if I don't I will talk to the manufacturer. Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request they do the work or a refund of the cost within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.