How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14309
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I have vagrants who have set up camp in my wood. At the

Customer Question

I have vagrants who have set up camp in my wood. At the weekend one was arrested for stealing and setting alight a vehicle, the others remain there, close to my home and are very worrying, My son plans to try to get them to go this evening, what are the legal things to watch out for in this situation please?
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?
Customer: No, it was not my vehicle
JA: Where did the theft occur?
Customer: from a local homeowner i do not know
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I not entirely sure what would be relevant, perhaps he/she could ask me when i speak?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

The thing to bear in mind is not to use physical force. And do not take a weapon, a dog, or anything to make them think they might be in physical danger. The reason being they can contact the Police (for assault - which includes the reasonable apprehension of physical harm).

You can tell them you will apply for an injunction from the local county court - which if breaches means they face a prison term for contempt of court. Your injunction application would succeed due to trespass on their part.

If they become abusive then feel free to contact the Police - the usual number is ***** but if you need them in an emergency then it's the 999 number.

If nothing works (when you speak to them) then try the Police on 101 to see if they can be moved on. If not, a civil injunction can be applied for (the cost is £308 for the application to the court).

I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps? If you can reply “yes”, or when you have the chance would you mind giving me a positive rating for the answer (the site will then credit me for my time). There should be a rating system at the top of the screen. Any other queries please let me know.

Many thanks,