Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My parnter's ex is accussing me of harming her son, no she

Customer Question

my parnter's ex is accussing me of harming her son
JA: What steps has your partner's ex taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no she is using this as type of control. I have had to voluntary to not be at home for the childs safety to ensure he feels safe
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your partner's ex live in?
Customer: Hampshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: his ex has been unwilling to be understanding, advising black mail of domestic abuse that didn't happen and also money owed everything is hard for us.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm are social services involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there isn’t a social worker involved
Hi, thank you for your message. I would advise that of there is no current child arrangement order in place that your partner applies for this as these issues can be addressed before a judge. I would strongly advise that you get a solicitor to represent you. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. you will be able to search by area and expertise.
Moreover, you may have a case of defamation against her. . A statement is defamatory if it is one that when read or heard by an ordinary right thinking member of the public; not avid for gossip causes or is likely to cause serious harm damage to the claimant’s reputation. I would recommend that you find a solicitor in your area to bring the claim forward if you decide to do so.
You can find a solicitor through the law society using this function: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
You will be able to search by specialism and also town or postcode to find one near you if you wish to pursue this course of action.
I hope this helps - if you could please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.