ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I want to file ILR under DV act victim in the uk, I had

I want to file ILR under DV act victim in the uk, I had filed a DV act case in india also in 2018. Later my husband compromised and I came back to London in July 2019. Later my husband again abused me and I left his home on 6 may. I am now a victim of Domestic violence. I wanted an advice that should I reveal the past Domestic violence case of india while filing for ILR in the uk or not ? My husband had put 50% my name on his property in india after compromise of dV case, which I don’t want to claim or keep. Should I mention this in the papers while filing ILR ? I would like to get advice on this ?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet in the uk govt. I wanted to know that should I disclose the dv case that I filed in india when filing in the uk govt?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this info is enough

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see whether you may be able to assist.

There would be no harm done to your case by disclosing this fact. In fact it may go to your benefit to disclose the incident in India. This will show that there has been a series of violence. You would be able to then say that following mediation/counselling you both agreed to give the relation another chance however the violence resumed once you came to the UK.

In fact, if you were not to disclose it and he later did so, it may be seen as those you were hiding something.

The fact of the house is irrelevant to the issue of the violence and the ultimate ILR application, as such, this does not have to be disclosed.

Hope I clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate your acceptance of the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best

RL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stayed in the Uk for only 3 months at the beginning In 2017 and went back to india and came back again in July 2019 and since then, I am here,
Although only been 11 months in the country.
My time period spent in the uk is less than 2 yrs,
Will that affect my ILR application under DV act ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindly advise me in this too.Thank you.

There are no specific requirements for maximum absences when applying for ILR based on holding UK spouse visa. The Home Office’s guidance states that for spouse visa ILR, any absences from the UK must be for good reason and be consistent with the “intention to live together permanently in the UK”. You are therefore required to simply explain why it is you were outside the UK.

You are welcome I am happy I was able to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much

You are welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to ask you
When a solicitor Files fit my ILR application under victim of DV act
After how much time period, the application has an outcome ?

I ask kindly that you take the time by using the stars at the top of the page to indicate whether you have accepted the answers given so far. This is important in order for me to be acknowledged for the time spent helping you so far.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done the needful
I have rated itThank you

Thank you for the feedback.

Please see below guidance with respect to DV applications.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/680977/victims-of-domestic-violence-v14.pdf

You will see that unfortunately it does not set any clear indicators as to how long the process will take. Unfortunately you cannot apply using any of the priority services for this visa either. In my experience it usually takes up to three months to receive a decision. I cant say however whether this time frame will be affected by the pandemic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I wanted to ask another question please,
In the month of April 2020, I had applied for visa fee waiver for the extension of my spouse visa and in the month of May, I left home and I separated from my husband and now I am on DV consession visa extension and the home office had returned the visa fee waiver documents few days ago that I had submitted initially when I was living with my husband.
Will it effect my application of ILR?
Because I applied for visa fee waiver a month before I separated from my husband.
Kindly let me know.Thank you.

No it will not affect your application

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a question regarding an immigration

Good day, if you have a further question I ask kindly that you raise a new question and ask for it to be referred to Readylaw.it will be forwarded to me to assist you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.