Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I moved in to a flat. 3 years ago and the previous tenant

I moved in to a flat. 3 years ago and the previous tenant who is over 90 and Is in a care home.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: The problem is with my neighbours. There are 5 flats in this house.
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: they accuse me of lying and have shouted at me when I said the bin that was left at my black door and belonged to the previous tenant is now mine.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the bin was full of rubbish and one of the neighbors said they asked the council to take the bin away. My son got rid of the rubbish, we cleaned the bin and continued to use it.

Sorry to hear this. What do you wish to ask?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can't afford that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I the legal owner of the bin that was the previous tenant before me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This may be too complex for me. I thought this was the CItizens Advice Bureau which is free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believed I became the legal owner or the flat and Bin when the previous tenant left. Am I right?

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Is that bin in question, has been provided by the council, or is it the private property of the previous tenant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure. It is a housing society flat. I rang the council and they said I need to ask the housing association.
The housing association said the new tenant takes over the bin. I just want to be sure. I don’t like being intimidated or called a liar.

If it belongs to the housing association and comes with the property, then you being the current occupant/tenant, the bin belongs to you, no matter what the other neighbours say.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If that answers your question, May I politely remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Vineet S,
Experience: Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed