12826847

I run a &. Last year, I received a phone call from a lady

Customer Question

Hello, I run a B&B. Last year, I received a phone call from a lady wanting to book two rooms for one night on behalf of another company. The booking date was the following day. She told me that she was calling from a travel company. I duly took the booking and was paid via a company credit card. No further explanation was given by the caller. I later received a booking confirmation form via email with the guests details. The two guests stayed the following night. Several days later, I received an invoice from 'Hotel & Travel Solutions' for the sum of £41.40
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Sorry, I am based in Oxfordshire, it occurred in June last year. I thought that my email to them had been accepted, but they have just sent me the invoice again, a year later. I had never been approached by this company before. They did not explain on the phone who they were, what they did and that they took a commission! Because the booking was the next day, I accepted it, believing that the company that used Hotel & Travel solutions had made the booking through them and were therefore liable for any commission. I complained via phone and email and did not hear anything else until a few days ago. Peter
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: As stated above. I wanted advice before taking this further.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just my legal position, given the manner in which I was contacted and the booking made. Also, when I originally disputed this, they told me the commission details were on the booking form, but when I checked, they were in small print and I thought it was just a booking confirmation so did not check it in detail. This was a totally Jon-solicited approach from a company I had never dealt with before.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?