How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 39632
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My rights in a divorce, No not yet but my husband says he

Customer Question

My rights in a divorce
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet but my husband says he has spoken to a solicitor and a letter is on s way
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I know we are both entitled to our jointly owned family home but does my husband have a legal claim on a property owned solely in my name
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

When was the property acquired - during or before the marriage?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.