31090051

It's slightly complicated, I want to sell myself lol the

Customer Question

HI,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: It's slightly complicated
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I want to sell myself lol the copyright to my mother's book.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I took control of the company who owned the copyright as they had closed the company solely to get control of the copyright.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to send myself a letter saying that I am selling myself the copyright to my mother's book for one pound.
I need to know if that is a watertight way of getting control of the copyright. If not what is? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I have sent the letter I will close the company if it's a watertight way of gaining control of the copyright.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a copyright solicitor in the UK and can help you with your question today. The correct way to do this is to enter into a formal assignation of the copyright whereby the company assigns the copyright to you as an individual. You would, if you are a director of the company, sign the deed of assignation as a director and assignor and also as an individual and assignee. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCustomer
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You’re welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.