Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Having a problem with the company ‘ Very’ saying I owe them

Having a problem with the company ‘ Very’ saying I owe them money for the purchase of an Iwatch, which was returned to them as didn’t work. There courier collected it they agree they have the watch back but they keep sending me letters and I now been declined for a credit card. Which has never happened before. Making me feel ill.
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: watch bought on line in January this year and returned in February
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Have Emailed and phoned them. They don’t answer the phone, as say too busy due to ‘Virus’ emails don’t resolve anything, am going round in circles! Just get letters asking for money.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Very concerned about my credit rating being affected.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Are you able to obtain details of the collection from the courier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That I'm afraid I can't, I have MS and am wheelchair bound. They came round and just took it. The company have got the watch as have told me it is in the work shop being mended.

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can not afford it

Can I check how you purchased the watch – was it on credit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
think it was. The whole thing was very confusing, a friend got one at the same time and it was on offer, I thought I was paying for the whole thing. But then they asked for payments?
It really has been trouble from beginning to end. I have never known anything like it

Thank you. This is really something which you need to try and resolve directly with the company. I appreciate they are just sending you automatic payment reminders but you need to go through their formal complaints procedure and escalate it as far as possible with them.

If you paid using credit and they have not resolved this and you have received their final response, you can then consider taking this to the Financial Ombudsman.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Hopefully it will be resolved eventually, but just appreciate it won’t necessarily be a quick fix so persevere with it.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet.

No worries, do you need me to clarify anything in the meantime?