How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 74417
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have question regards fourlogh would you be able to help

This answer was rated:

I have question regards ***** ***** you be able to help me Please?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please cone to me to the lawyer

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What is your specific question? Please provide as much information as possible too

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, thank you for getting back to me.
My question is regarding my payments for staying on furlough, company I am working for is paying me ( in my opinion incorrectly) only 60% of my contracted salary, Can that be correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please answer my questions via messenger or email only please

Have they provided any reason at all as to why they are doing this? and how long have you worked there for? Please also tell me what type of contract you have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They haven’t provide a reason,
I am working for this company over 5 years
I have permanent contract with guaranteed salary per year ( specified on payslip: basic salary + trona= my year salary)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tronc, sorry

Many thanks for your patience. When calculating the reference pay for the furlough payments, the rules specifically state the following:

You cannot include the following when calculating wages payments made at the discretion of the employer or a client - where the employer or client was under no contractual obligation to pay, including any tips, including those distributed through troncs

So as you can see, any troncs payments are specifically excluded and not taken into account when your furlough pay is calculated.

I appreciate this may not be the answer you were hoping for but it is the legal position and I hope that it at least clarifies where you stand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate your answer, however tronc is contracted? Part of my annual salary? On governments web is clearly mentioned that employers should pay 80% of regular contracted wages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tronc for all those years I am working for this company was part of my Contracted salary . It wasn’t a benefit or payed as extra bonus

I can only go by what the rules state. This is a brand new scheme and there are plenty of uncertainty over it so if you believe that it is not done correctly you have to challenge the employer directly or contact HMRC

Ben Jones and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you