How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8010
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have had a tenant in a property I own since the year 2000

Customer Question

I have had a tenant in a property I own since the year 2000 with no tenancy agreement where do I stand when it comes to evicting him and what are his rights because he is in possession right now?.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.


You do not need a written tenancy agreement. You may evict him from the property by following a procedure prescribed by law, or you may make a deal with him to agree for him to move out voluntarily.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the procedure I should follow if he wont leave voluntarily?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.

Please see here for information on evicting tenants:,'reasonable%20notice'%20to%20quit.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars