NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I have been working in a restaurant since last year and in

Good morning,My name is***** have been working in a restaurant since last year and in this moment of Global pandemic I have stayed at home and have paid 80% regularly.
If like my azinda she has decided to resume work as of tomorrow 7/06/2019 with only a small part of the employees.(Liverpool)
I would like to understand if I can refuse because I don't feel safe, in which case will I continue to be paid 80% or could they fire me?Thank you in advance for your time and attention
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not yet because he said we gone speak when I go
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: My employment status is a Chef
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My contract Is at hour
Hi! I am Anu, a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there maybe delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Please confirm are you an employee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need just to now if I can refuse this month ...thank you.
Your refusal to work may come across as non compliant to your employers instructions. Therefore you are suggested to attend work and see whether your employer has implemented safe working methods. It is the employers duty to ensure the work place is safe for their employees to work. If it is not then you cannot be forced to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for the answer!
Have a good day!

It has been my pleasure. I would appreciate if you would kindly accept my answer so I can close this conversation. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning ,
I am very satisfied with the service I have been granted and the response received.
Thank you for your attention.
This conversation can be closed.
Thank you so much.
Best wishes.
Thank you. Best wishes.