Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

This is a question for Vineet S, to please review the email

This is a question for Vineet S, to please review the email and possible corrections before sending. The content of the letter will be the same as this:------------------------------------Good afternoon:
this is email is to notify that we want to terminate the contract and we will leave the roomon June 20 of 2020.
A written notice, with the same information, will be sent tomorrow and the following this notice, I am also requesting a refund as suggested from my lawyer.The address of the room is:
Flat 16, Bartholomew Court, *****East India, London, E14 2DW
United KingdomThe contract was done between CityRoom and Marcos Javier Roig and Dayane Gusmao Siqueira, starting on May 20 of 2020 for a period of 3 months. The monthly value agreed was: 866.66 pounds, the deposit was 400 pounds and there was an outstanding amount of 266.66 to complete the monthly rent of May.We are handing back the possession of the property on June 20, 2020, as the room was uninhabitable for 13 days, due to the ongoing toilet issue, which has been notified but this was repaired after 13 days.Additional reasons to terminate this contract without paying any extra fees were:
- the room is not exactly as shown
- a non-functioning of the bathroom
- and the request for the room change was not considered
- internet not working properly
due to all these reasons, we have to terminate the ongoing contract and further ask for the refund of the deposit taken by the company for the value of 400 pounds.I am also asking for the refund of a half a month because the non-functional toilet and all the problems it causes to us. So we want a refund of 400 pounds.Considering the 400 pounds deposit plus a refund of 400 pounds and subtracting the outstanding value of 266.66, it gives a total refund of 533.34 pounds.If you need proof of:
- the proposal for a room change at the same price that the current room we do have all the WhatsApp messages.
- the video of the non-functional toilet we have the video.Marcos Roig

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

I will review the letter and will get back to you. The system will notify you via email when this happens.

thanks for your patience, Marcos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Title the letter as a "Notice to quit"

I am serving you the Notice to quit /terminating my tenancy on.............(address)

I will be leaving the property on ..............date.

I am terminating the tenancy due to following problems...................

Copies of all the communication regarding the issue have been retained by me.

Please note to make the refund of my deposit and other costs..........................before (the date you are leaving)

Please note if the refund, I would be constrained to take all or any legal remedies available to me for recovering the deposit, in that eventuality only you will be responsible for the cost and consequences accruing therefrom.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Just checking if you need further assistance with the letter?

&

If not then, May I politely remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this response, that was perfect. Sorry for my delay in getting back. I have two more questions to finish this:
1) In the contract I see this as Landlord: Landlord: Oliver Walton Ltd t/a Cityrooms of First Floor 3-5 Globe Road London E1 4DT. Not sure if I have to send the letter for "Oliver walton Ltd" or CityRoom?
2) It is possible to send the notification by email and have it as a legal notification as well? The signature we did here was a digital signature.

Oliver Walton Ltd is trading as City rooms,

Use it as it is provided in the contract.

Digital signatures are completely fine for a binding contract. If sending postal letter is not possible right now, as post office are working limited hours due to COVID 19, send the email

Please don`t forget to rate the answer before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.