12826847

I bought a tap online and realised it was the wrong one, i

Customer Question

Hello, I bought a tap online and realised it was the wrong one, i returned it in the post as instructed for an exchange, and now the company are saying it’s damaged and that they won’t provide a refund. They also said that it’s the couriers fault not theirs and that they will dispose of the tap if the couriers dont reply in 14 days. That’s my £250 tap!! There is no way the tap was damaged, it was taken out of the box once and then immediately out back. What are my rights? Do they have the right to throw it away?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried to call this morning but their is no customer service line, only email due to corona virus
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s everything
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long ago was this?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

and how did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Receive the email regarding the damage yesterday
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** did you pay or it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my debit card
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know what I’m going to cancel, this sounds like a scam
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Oh really, why do you think that?