How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 74417
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

This is questionn about 80% self employed compensation in

This answer was rated:

This is questionn about 80% self employed compensation in this lock down time
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Just I need some help /information
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: my husband is self implored from 06/04/2019. From 13/09/2019 he had 1 person(himself) limited company. Never employed anybody. And the company was stopped on 05/04/2019.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the compensation as a self employed goes 06/04/2018-05/04/2019

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Please clarify the date the company ceased trading?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband was self employed. Then 13/09/2015 he started the company. On 05/04/2019 he stopped the company and 06/04/2019 (the next day) he returned as a self employed.
The compensation must be for period 06/04/2018-06/04/2019.
He can not to get as he on that year as you can see had a limited company.
And his accountant said that he can not apply as a LTD because his LTD is not operating now it is stopped.

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Many thanks for your patience. I can see why a claim may be rejected in the circumstances and to be honest HMRC will use a checklist to see if he meets the relevant criteria and reject his claim if he does not. He can however appeal if he wanted to and once he has been told he is not eligible he can go through the appeals process.

If he does not qualify then he will not be able to claim and will have to stat looking at other benefits, like Universal Credit.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. I will try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did followed your link and to apply . But it said no.

Ok unfortunately if you are mot eligible then you cannot claim – many people will not meet the criteria I’m afraid – the scheme will not cover everyone in which case he has to look at benefits:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working in a hospital and there is an income in family over £20 000, 00 I think we are not entitled.
Do you think we can flame benefits?..??Thanks Giedre

That depends on many different factors and your personal circumstances so it is best to go through the online calculator or contact the helpline: 0800(###) ###-####/p>

Ben Jones and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you