Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Is it permitted to mention decided Court cases and quite

Customer Question

Is it permitted to mention decided Court cases and quite from them in a new statement of claim?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the High Court in England
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: This is the beginning drafting the statement of claim. The claimant wishes to quote from decided cases in support of his claim
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can mention decided court cases to support your argument.

However ensure when you mention them you clearly explain WHY it supports the point you are making.

Further ensure you keep a copy of the cases in case you are asked to provide a details of the cases you mentioned.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

I note you have reviewed the answer given.

If i have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked if it was in order to quote cases in the statement of claim not just in the case generally. You did not specify in your response

Thanks for your feedback.

For the avoidance of doubt is your question whether it is ok to mention case law in your statement of case?

The reason I asked so I fully understand what you asked and then I can answer it to your satisfaction