How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19534
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have just had my bank account frozen yesterday just when

Customer Question

Hi I have just had my bank account frozen yesterday just when my ESA was paid in , No reason given other than they are looking into the matter, I am severely disabled and live week by week benefit payment to benefit payment all i am getting from the company is generic answers, the company is U Account and they are part of wierd card solutions it is simply a matter of life or death I have no savings I need the money, can anyone help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southend on sea Essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: 15 Complain messages no answer and started with the financial ombudsman but that can take months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

Are you asking whether you can appeal?

Sorry they have done this. Always a nightmare when it is unexepcted as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So would you like to know if you can appeal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I need to know what can I do all I am getting is generic answers and nothing it's my benefits they are holding onto I am severely disabled and need them to live - thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

The DWP are very non responsive. There is no excuse.

There isn't really a way to turn them from unreasonable people into reasonable ones.

What you can do though is write to them asking them to reassess. If that fails you can also appeal their decision.

That would be a good idea. It sounds as though you are entitled. You can recover backpayments although that does not really help with your current situation.

You could try speaking to the CA be who I know do this for people.

Also the free representation unit will help.

I am sorry as I know this is an awful position to be in.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I think you have the wrong end of the stick it my prepaid business bank U Account who has pulled this and they did it just as my benefit cheque arrived
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, you are right. I completely misread your question.

I will opt out to see if others can help.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you spoken to the Bank? What have they said?