How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18744
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I would like to get advice in relation to housing

This answer was rated:

Hi, my name is***** would like to get advice in relation to housing association property, please? is it possible to talk so someone - complex issue?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, just trying to find out about the rules, so hard to get it from the Housing association.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Its Notting Hill Genesis in London and the issue is I would like to assign the flat me and my disabled daughter live in to her as she is now aged 30 and it is adapted to her needs, but are told that as the tenancy is 'not secure' it is not possible to do?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have written to NHG to request special circumstance consideration, but had no reply yet, was going to call them, but thought of contaction you first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please carry on looking.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continued

If the property is not a Assured tenancy then you are in the hands of the Housing Association as to whether they will allow you to do this or not. I would need to see the tenancy agreement to advise you further.

Notwithstanding that, if the housing association have not replied to you within eight weeks or come up with an unfavourable reply, you can always refer the matter to the Property Ombudsman.

It’s free.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service. Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

Thank you.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.


F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18744
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
F E Smith and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!